Thank you for your helpful feedback regarding the new Boundless.org via Twitter, Facebook, my last blog post and email. It’s been helpful for us to understand what you like about the new site and what you miss from the old site.
Because of your comments, we’ve decided to continue to blog about our podcasts. You can now access the entire Biblical Dating series on the Dating page. Even this very blog post is because of a reader’s request. We will continue to improve what we can, so keep the ideas coming!
Last time, I shared how to join the new blog. This time I’ll point out some things to note about the rest of the site.
1) Article Topics You’ll notice that we have divided all our content into three large topics: Relationships, Adulthood and Faith. But did you know that each of these topics is also divided into subtopics? For example, click on Relationships, and in the toolbar that appears below, you’ll see: Community, Dating, Marriage and Sexuality. Click on one, and you’ll go to articles, advice and podcasts on that subtopic, listed by most recent.
2) Why We Exist One of my favorite features on the new site is that a new visitor can now quickly learn what Boundless is and why we exist. Below the featured article on the home page is a short description of the site: “Boundless is a community for Christian young adults who want to grow up, own their faith, date with purpose, and prepare for marriage and family.” Click learn more in that description, and you’ll arrive to a section of the site that is a big-picture overview of Boundless. We’ve featured some of our best content in the areas of Faith, Adulthood and Relationships in this section (click the tabs in the top, white toolbar), so go check it out and share it with a friend who needs Boundless.
3) About Us In the footer of the home page, you’ll find several links to learn about what makes Boundless tick. Check out Our Vision, Our Team, Our Values and discover what Lisa considers her favorite podcast episode.
4) Mobile Site If you have an Android or iPhone, you can access our mobile site by going to the same URL as if you were on your laptop or tablet: www.boundless.org. On the mobile site you can listen to the podcast, read recent blog posts and access content by topic.
5) Podcast If you’ve ever wanted to download every podcast Lisa has ever done, you can! iTunes only displays our 50 most recent episodes, but on our podcast page, you can download all 268 episodes. Spring break, anyone?
6) Focus on the Family At the very top of the site are links to other departments of Focus on the Family. Fan of Adventures in Odyssey? Pay attention to the “For Kids” link (it’s for big kids, too!). College students: Check out FLI (Focus Leadership Institute). Movie-goers: Visit Plugged In for movie reviews. And if you go to the Family Store, you can shop for Christian books and music plus support Focus on the Family!
Lisa and I would also like to send out a big thanks to all who helped make this site happen. EC Group from India (shown below) helped with the development and testing for the site.
And here’s Focus on the Family’s Web Development Team. Back row (L to R): Jacob Champlin, Ehren Dames, Erin Blad and Cassandra Good. Front row (L to R): Carlos Marquez, Kendra Doss and William Mitchell. (Not pictured: Thomas Voss, Rachel Zoller, Barney Royalty and Evan Kittleman.)