IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST.
Participation in the Focus on the Family “Heart of God Book Giveaway” contest (the “Contest”) is contingent on your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Contest is sponsored by Focus on the Family, 8605 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920 (“Sponsor”).
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
2. CONTEST. The contest will be held between March 2 and March 16, 2023, inclusive (the “Contest Period”). Time of entry is Mountain Time.
3. ENTRY. To enter, contestants will create a social media post for either Instagram or Facebook, including but not limited to a post, reel, or story. The entry should showcase a favorite quote by author Elisabeth Elliot and explain why it is personally meaningful to the contestant. Entries may be posted to either Instagram or Facebook and must include a tag to Boundless (Instagram: @BoundlessTeam; Facebook: Boundless.org) and a link to the Boundless podcast in which Lisa Anderson and Kathy Reeg discuss Elisabeth Elliot’s new book. Entries must be original. Only one entry per person is permitted during the Contest Period. Entries must include: (1) the social media post, (2) the Boundless tag, and (3) the Boundless podcast link.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. As may be applicable, all entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering, you agree to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and to the display of your entry, in whole or in part, in any manner and media.
4. ELIGIBILITY. Participation in the Contest is open to individuals ages thirteen or older (13+) who are legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia. Proof of eligibility may be required. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, volunteers, interns, officers & directors of Focus on the Family, its Contest advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be an individual person; group entries are not permitted. Multiple entries from an individual during the Contest Period will invalidate all entries from that individual.
5. WINNER SELECTIONS. All entries will be screened for compliance with these Official Rules by Sponsor’s panel of judges. Sponsor’s decisions are final. After the conclusion of the Contest Period, five (5) winning entries will be selected from among eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Entries will be judged on creative use of design elements (such as art, animation, audio, and/or video), the Elisabeth Elliot quote selection and contestant’s personal connection to it, and completion of the entry requirements in Section 3 herein.
6. PRIZE. Each winner will receive the book Heart of God by Elisabeth Elliot, valued at approximately $14.00. Winners will be required to provide a physical address in order to receive the prize. The prize will be sent within sixty (60) days after winner notification and receipt of winner’s physical address.
Prize may not be assigned, transferred, changed, or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No cash alternative will be offered. No substitutions of prize, except that Sponsor may substitute any portion of a prize with something of equal or greater value, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any portion of a prize not accepted by a winner is forfeited. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. NOTIFICATION. The potential winners will be notified within fifteen (15) days of selection. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a potential winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. CONDITIONS. Participation in this Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to (a) use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, voice, biographical information, entry and/or any statements made by entrant regarding the Contest or Sponsor and (b) copy, edit, use in any medium and manner, in whole or in part, the entry submitted for any purpose without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, and the employees, officers and directors of each of them, and Facebook, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with entrant’s participation in this Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use, misuse or non-use of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, terrorism, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or any other events outside of Sponsor’s control. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way will be disqualified.
9. ADDITIONAL TERMS. No automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other cause beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Contest or for any other reason Sponsor deems it necessary. In such case, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winners from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THE PERPETRATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE COLORADO COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO SHALL GOVERN THIS CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THESE COURTS.
11. USE OF ENTRY. By submitting an entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may repost and republish your entry in any and all media and formats, in whole or in part.
12. NON-ENDORSEMENT. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.